People must be healthy and safe from harm to ensure that they have the physical capacity to meet their basic needs and pursue higher needs.
This means that, as a society, we must continuously strive to ensure:
- The prevention of premature deaths and illnesses;
- The prevention of exploitation and abuse;
- The prevention of mental health issues;
- Access to nutritious food, and an end to malnutrition;
- Access to clean water and sanitation;
- Access to adequate housing;
- Access to healthcare, including reproductive healthcare services; and
- The prevention of slavery and forced labour.
This Positive Pursuit encompasses any action which achieves such an outcome.