At Future-Fit Foundation, we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who sign up to our newsletter and partnership programs, or contact us via e-mail, how we use it and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By remaining as subscribers to our newsletter, or contacting us via email, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Future-Fit Foundation, c/o WeWork Spitalfields, 1 Primrose St, London EC2A 2EX.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you register to receive our regular newsletter or program updates. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, Campaign Monitor, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see Campaign Monitor’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing email@example.com.
We also obtain information about you if you apply for a vacancy at Future-Fit Foundation or contact us regarding the Future-Fit Business Benchmark or our work in general.
What type of information is collected from you?
- If you sign up to our newsletter or program updates, we collect your email address so that we can deliver the updates to your inbox. We may also collect some or all of your name, phone number, job title, company name, website address, number of employees and approximate revenue, so that we can provide you with updates that are relevant to the interest you have expressed.
- If you contact us for other purposes, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and email address. We may also keep CVs or other information about yourself that you have provided for specific purposes.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you (using the legal basis of legitimate interests);
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts or partnership agreements entered into by you and us (using the legal basis of contracts);
- process a job application.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for only as long as is necessary for the relevant activity.
Who has access to your information?
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK. We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive our newsletter or updates, you can unsubscribe via the link on the email or choose not to sign up initially. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Future-Fit Foundation, c/o WeWork, 1 Spitalfields Primrose St, London EC2A 2EX.
You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data. You also have the right:
- to request a copy of any personal data that we hold about you, as well as a description of the type of information that we are processing, the uses that are being made of the information, details of anyone to whom your personal data has been disclosed, and how long the data will be stored;
- to be told, where any information is not collected from you directly, any available information as to the source of the information;
- to be told of the existence of automated decision-making;
- to object to the processing of data where the processing is based on either the conditions of public interest or legitimate interests;
- to have all personal data erased, unless certain limited conditions apply;
- to restrict processing where you have objected to the processing;
- to have inaccurate data amended or destroyed; and
- to prevent processing that is likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress to you or anyone else.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If any of your details change or any other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, or you wish to exercise your rights, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to Future-Fit Foundation, c/o WeWork, 1 Spitalfields Primrose St, London EC2A 2EX.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the “ICO”) which can be accessed via https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Non-sensitive details (your e-mail address etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website. For further information on cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.