Future-Fit Foundation is seeking an exceptional candidate with a passion for making the world a better place to join our team in London. This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization as part of a growing team.
The right candidate will have a strong communications background, experience of community building, intellectual curiosity, a good sense of humour, a commitment to doing things properly and delivering great results, and excellent verbal and written skills.
Who we are and what we do
Future-Fit Foundation is the non-profit developer, promoter and steward of Future-Fit Benchmarks. Our vision is a future in which everyone has the opportunity to flourish. Given where we are today, this vision can only be realized through a rapid and radical shift in the way the global economy works.
Our mission is to catalyze that shift – by translating systems science into practical, free-to-use tools designed to help business leaders, investors, and policy makers respond authentically and successfully to today’s biggest social and environmental challenges.
You can find out more at our website: www.futurefitbusiness.org.
Our core activities
We are a small team with a global reach. Our core activities span the following areas:
- Analysis and research: drawing together best-in-class thinking across social and environmental issues, seeking to present it in ways that offer clarity and guidance to companies and investors.
- Practical tools & frameworks: developing useful, usable tools that can help companies – and those who invest in them – to measure, manage and report on their true impact.
- Business collaborations: engaging with companies to catalyze change and facilitate adoption of the Benchmark.
- Investor engagement: working with investors to accelerate usage of the Benchmark to help quantify and manage systemic risks within portfolios.
- Partnerships: enabling others to develop products and services that build on the Benchmark in ways that seek to accelerate awareness and the pursuit of future-fitness.
- Communication: openly sharing tools and information and stimulating dialogue on rethinking how we value the impact of business across the socio-economic system.
We are looking for someone to coordinate our communications and help grow our global community of Future-Fit users, directly supporting our Ecosystem Manager. You will also work in close collaboration with the full team, both on discrete projects and in relation to the ongoing evolution of the organization’s thought leadership.
This role includes:
- Helping to develop, and coordinating the execution of, the Future-Fit communications strategy.
- Editing blogs, reports, newsletters, preparing presentations and otherwise contributing to Future-Fit’s written communications.
- Supporting team members to contribute to the communications strategy, working with them to envisage and produce written and visual content.
- Managing updates to Future-Fit’s website and social media accounts, including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Supporting the planning and development of the Future-Fit “Changemaker” and “Pioneer” communities, including identifying and developing necessary content.
- Building and managing appropriate levels of relationships with community members, proactively answering questions and fostering discussions.
- Creating instructional videos, graphics and manuals to help users interpret the core concepts of the Future-Fit Business Benchmark and associated tools.
- Assisting with the development and management of webinars, meetings, workshops and other stakeholder engagements.
- Representing the organization at industry events and conferences.
Experience in communications and building virtual communities is essential. Knowledge of, and experience in, the sustainable business or impact investing field is also preferred. Most important of all however, we want passionate people who are quick learners and who appreciate the need for systems thinking and solutions.
Desired skills include:
- Experience contributing to an organization’s communications strategy.
- Experience building or managing a virtual community.
- Experience within the fields of sustainable business or impact investing.
- Strong inter-personal and written communication skills.
- The ability to think strategically, and to synthesize complex information into coherent, concise guidance.
- The ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure, manage projects to deadlines and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Highly organized with a focus on project management.
- An appetite for working in an entrepreneurial environment.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a strong interest in environmental and societal change to address today’s biggest challenges.
- Are proactive self-starters, able to work independently and set and maintain deadlines for themselves.
- Are enthusiastic team players with a positive and proactive attitude, showing the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Can thrive in and contribute significantly to a small, fun, highly ambitious, entrepreneurial team.
Depending on experience, salary will fall in the range of £27,500 to £35,000 plus benefits.
This is a full-time role and will be based primarily in central London, with the ability for flexible working. Interested candidates must have the right to live and work in the UK, and should send a CV and Covering Letter – or an alternative, creative self-descriptor – to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: as this is primarily a communications-based role, your cover letter / introduction will have a strong weighting in deciding whether your application will progress.
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2019.