Job Description: Analyst
Future-Fit Foundation is seeking an exceptional candidate with a passion for changing the status quo to join our team in London. This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization as part of a growing team.
The right candidate will have a strong research and analytical background, intellectual curiosity, a good sense of humor, a commitment to doing things properly and delivering great results, the ability to think differently about seemingly intractable problems, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. If that sounds like a bit much to find in one person, you haven’t met our team!
Who we are and what we do
Future-Fit Foundation is the non-profit developer, promoter and steward of Future-Fit Benchmarks. Our vision is a future in which everyone has the opportunity to flourish. Given where we are today, this vision can only be realized through a rapid and radical shift in the way the global economy works.
Our mission is to catalyze that shift – by translating systems science into practical, free-to-use tools designed to help business leaders, investors, and policy makers respond authentically and successfully to today’s biggest challenges.
You can find out more at our website: FutureFitBusiness.org.
Our core activities
We are a small team with a wide reach. Our core activities span the following areas:
- Analysis and research: drawing together best-in-class thinking across social and environmental issues, seeking to present it in ways that offer clarity and guidance to companies and investors.
- Practical tools and frameworks: developing useful and usable tools that can help companies – and those who invest in them – to measure, manage and report on their true impact.
- Business collaborations: engaging with companies to catalyze change and facilitate adoption of the Benchmark.
- Investor engagement: working with investors to accelerate usage of the Benchmark to help quantify and manage systemic risks within portfolios.
- Partnerships: enabling others to develop products and services that build on the Benchmark in ways that seek to accelerate awareness and the pursuit of future-fitness.
- Communication: openly sharing tools and information and stimulating dialogue on the need to rethink how we value the impact of business across the socio-economic system.
We are looking for someone to work in close collaboration with the whole team, both on discrete projects and contributing to the ongoing evolution of the organization. This includes:
- Contributing to the ongoing development of the Future-Fit Business Benchmark tools and programs.
- Supporting and learning from early adopter companies to drive and measure impact as they seek to apply the Benchmark within their business and across their value chain.
- Conducting research and analysis on a wide range of environmental and social topics, working with external organizations to distill expertise.
- Writing reports and contributing to other forms of written communication.
- Assisting with the facilitation of workshops, meetings and stakeholder engagement.
- Assisting with the management of core membership networks.
- Representing the organization at industry events and conferences.
What we’re looking for
While experience in a sustainable business role is useful, we are more interested in passionate people who are quick learners and who appreciate the need for systems thinking and solutions.
Desired skills include…
- Strong numerical and data analysis.
- The ability to think laterally, creatively and strategically, and to synthesize complex information into coherent, concise guidance.
- The skills to contribute to Future-Fit’s publications through research and writing.
- The ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure, manage projects to deadlines and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong inter-personal and written communication skills.
- An appetite for working in an entrepreneurial environment.
We are looking for individuals who…
- Have a strong interest in environmental and societal change to address today’s biggest challenges.
- Are proactive self-starters, able to work independently and set and maintain deadlines for themselves.
- Are enthusiastic team players with a positive and proactive attitude, showing proven initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Can thrive in and contribute significantly to a small, fun, highly ambitious, entrepreneurial team.
Starting salary is in the range of £27,500 to £32,500, depending on experience.
This is a full-time role and will be based primarily in central London, with the ability for flexible working and occasional international travel. Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter – or an alternative, creative self-descriptor – to: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 5 January, 2018.