We’re hiring again!
Future-Fit Foundation is seeking up to two exceptional candidates with a passion for changing the status quo to join our team in London. This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization as part of a growing team.
The right candidates will have a strong research and analytical background, intellectual curiosity, a good sense of humour, a commitment to doing things properly and delivering great results, the ability to think differently about seemingly intractable problems, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. If that sounds like a bit much to find in one person, you haven’t met our team. 😉
Who we are and what we do
Future-Fit Foundation is a registered charity founded in July 2013 and based in London, UK. Our vision is a future in which everyone on Earth can prosper – and given the urgency and scale of today’s environmental and socioeconomic challenges, realising this vision will demand rapid and radical changes in the way our global economy works. If we are to do business differently, we must value business differently, and our mission is to create the tools that will make this possible.
Our work centres on developing the Future-Fit Business Benchmark, promoting its use, and building a partner ecosystem to accelerate its adoption. The Benchmark is a free-to-use, open source tool designed to equip business leaders and investors with the means to recognize, reward and guide breakthrough actions that create value both for companies and society as a whole.
You can find out more here.
Our core activities
We are a small team with a wide reach and a big vision. Our core activities span the following areas:
- Analysis and research: drawing on best-in-class thinking across social and environmental issues, through our own research and relationships with topic-specific experts, and seeking to bring it all together in ways that offer clarity and guidance to companies and investors.
- Practical tools and frameworks: developing useful and usable tools that can help companies – and those who invest in and support them – to build successful, resilient and responsible business models ready for the 21st
- Business collaborations: engaging with companies to catalyse change and facilitate adoption of the Benchmark.
- Investor engagement: engaging with investors to accelerate usage of the Benchmark to help quantify and manage systemic risks and opportunities within portfolios.
- Partnerships: developing membership and accreditation programs and relationships to foster an ecosystem around the Benchmark, to accelerate awareness and the pursuit of future-fitness.
- Communication: openly sharing tools and information and stimulating dialogue on the need to rethink how we value the impact of business across the socio-economic system.
About the role
We are looking for individuals to work in close collaboration with the whole team, both on discrete projects and contributing to the ongoing evolution of the Benchmark. This includes:
- Contributing to the ongoing development and refinement of the Future-Fit Business Benchmark methodology and associated content (reporting guidelines, training materials, etc.).
- Conducting research and analysis on a wide range of environmental and social issues, including building relationships with leading topic-specific experts and bodies.
- Supporting early adopter companies as they seek to apply the Benchmark within their business and across their value chain.
- Supporting early adopter investors as they seek to apply the Benchmark to their ESG analysis and engagement activities.
- Supporting early adopter partners as they seek to offer advisory, training and other services around the Benchmark.
- Helping to prepare, facilitate and lead discussions with companies, research partners and others.
- Assisting with the facilitation of workshops, meetings and stakeholder engagement.
- Representing the organisation at industry events and conferences.
Who we’re looking for
The successful candidates must have:
- Technical expertise through the development and/or application of sustainability-related frameworks in the corporate and/or investment arenas.
- Experience in building and managing relationships with external stakeholders.
- Strong numerical and data analysis skills.
- The ability to think laterally, creatively and strategically, with a view to synthesizing complex information and distilling it into useful and usable guidance.
- A track record of working effectively under pressure, managing projects to deadlines, and working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a strong interest in environmental and societal change and a proven commitment to delivering impact.
- Believe in the need to mobilize business to address today’s biggest sustainability issues.
- Are proactive self-starters, able to work independently with minimal supervision and set and maintain deadlines for themselves.
- Can thrive in and contribute significantly to a small, fun, highly ambitious, entrepreneurial team.
This is a full-time role and will be based primarily in central London, with the ability for flexible working and occasional international travel. Please do not apply unless you are already able to live and work in the UK, as we are not in a position to sponsor visa applications. Interested candidates should send a CV and covering letter – or an alternative, creative self-descriptor – to: email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: midnight Wednesday 21st June 2017.